Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Comments on B. McKenzie's Article

I like Bob McKenzie.  I think he does a great job and brings humanity and integrity to his profession.  He doesn't follow the crowd and is willing to stick his neck out about a topic when he believes in it.

Please read this article.  It is very good and I agree with all of it.

The article is asking a question that I love: What can we do to change the situation?

If you read earlier posts, you'll know that I hate (HATE) "interpretations" of rules.  But if that is the way the NHL now works, we can use it to our advantage by either of the following "interpretation" changes:

  1. Instigator - isn't this what the instigator penalty was designed for?  To stop the fights that are not caused by the passion in the game?
  2. 3rd man in - Player A hits Player B, and then Player C jumps in as the third man.  
Bob, I know that the NHL does nothing without consulting you first.  Here is the answer.

No comments: