Monday, July 18, 2011

The Shannacop

It's been a while since I've blogged, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking of a post. I had actually written a post a while ago about Brendan Shannahan's new job as the NHL's suspension-giver, but forgot to post it. Good thing, too. It was bad.

First, as when anybody gets a new job, i want to congratulate Shannahan. To make the move from active and productive player to NHL Executive in such a short time is impressive.

Second, I want to express my condolences to Shannahan. You've taken a very tough job; one that will expose you to excessive amounts of criticism and politics which I don't think you've had to experience before.

Third, I want to apologize in advance, because I will be tough on you. I will watch your every decision, and when you make a decision that I don't agree with, I will complain very loudly. I'll do this mainly due to my fourth point:

Fourth, I want to ask you why you think you can do this job better than me. Why did you take my job? This was my job, and if you don't live up to my expectations, I'll want your head on a platter.

But really, you can't be worse than the last guy.

W:

No comments: